EVO4S an expandable and powerful datalogger
Data from different sources
The AIM EVO4S follows the lines of the predecessor EVO4 preserving the same connection logic: A connector for each single channel. The electronic board has been completely redesigned to be fully compatible with the new Race Studio 3 software and with all the latest generation AIM products.
EVO4S also provides all the information coming from the ECU via CAN, RS232 or K-line from the integrated accelerometer and gyroscope and from the GPS08 included in the kit. It also manages the analogue/digital inputs and predefined mathematical channels, the performance and the quantity of data can be further increased by using the 8 expansion modules produced by AIM.
The EVO4S sensors
Many sensors can be connected to EVO4S:
- 5 analogue channels with configurable 12-bit inputs 0-5 Volt, 0-500 mV, 0-50 mV or Thermocouple input, used to acquire temperature, pressure, suspension and other data.
- 2 speed inputs, useful for calculating the difference in behavior between the wheels.
- 1 rpm motor input, suitable to manage both square waves and signals coming from the low voltage of the coil.
Integrated a triaxial accelerometer and gyroscope
One of the most effective tools to analyze the problems related to acceleration/braking over/under steering, vehicle inclination, etc. it is managed by the integrated inertial platform almost indispensable tool for a precise analysis.
It is possible to configure the integrated digital output from 1 to 12V in such a way that it is activated upon the occurrence of precise values coming from the analog or digital inputs, from the ECU, from the expansions, from the GPS or from the mathematical channels..
With the CAN output function you can expand the vehicle control range, with the possibility of adding:
- LCU Wide band lambda controller, equipped with a probe: transmits all information on the Air/Gasoline ratio, lambda probe value and exhaust gas temperature allowing engine tuning.
SmartyCam HD cameras
- The on-board cameras that read the data from the system and automatically superimpose them on the video for an even more precise reading.
- It is a support for SD cards useful for recording data from the AIM logger during track sessions. More generally, all the sensors needed to increase EVO4S performance.
To be able to view the data in real time it is possible to connect the EVO4S to the GS-Dash display or to the Formula Steering Wheel 3 instrumented steering wheel.
Download and analyze your data in a professional manner
Evo4S data can be analyzed with Race Studio Analysis software: it will be possible to evaluate its performance through histograms and tables, so as to have a fundamental help for the development of the vehicle as well as improving driving techniques.
13 Binder connectors, 2 CAN connections, CAN, RS232 or K-Line ECU connections, CAN protocol for external expansion modules, 5 fully configurable analog inputs, digital inputs (2 Speed inputs, lap signal, coil RPM input), 1 digital output, integrated three-axial ± 5G + three-axial gyroscope, internal memory 4 GB, anodized aluminum body, IP65.
- ECU connection: CAN, RS232 or K-Line
- External modules connection: GPS Module, Channel Expansion, TC Hub, Lambda controller, SmartyCam HD
- Analog inputs: 5 fully configurable, max 1,000 Hz each
- Digital inputs: 2 Speed inputs, lap signal, coil RPM input
- Inertial platform: Internal 3 axis ±5G accelerometer + 3 axis gyro
- Digital outputs: 1 (1 A max)
- Internal memory: 4 GB
- Connectors: 13 Binder connectors
- Body: Anodized aluminum
- LEDs: 1 system status
- Dimensions: 130 x 35 x 46.6 mm
- Weight: 330 g
- Waterproof: IP65
In the box:
EVO4S, harness, GPS08 Module and software.